04 August 2009

2009 - UT - Duck Creek Trip - Motobeer Vacation - UPDATE



UPDATE - UPDATE

Lesson #452
Always carry a tow-strap.

I took my Husqvarna TE610 into the local shop after the electrical shut down in Utah. (Full story here)

Turns out the Varta battery went bad after only 1450 miles. The side of the battery case was caved in....probably a sign something was wrong.

The joys of electronic fuel injection have been revealed! The bike does not run without a battery and I can not realistically carry a spare.

The only real fix would be to get a carbureted motorcycle.

2 comments:

  1. Well...I supose you could borrow the 600. It survived your last wreck at Norris Highlands...sadly it hasn't seen much action since. Wish I was there to laugh at you.. I mean with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dam dude well you can borrow the 500 any day you just have to come get it. Still kick'n and only 26 years old. Wow. and by the way picks have been posted on my blog. of beer bikes and more beer.

    ReplyDelete