24 May 2010

2010 - CA - THE ANF Post Station Fire

SEPTEMBER 1st, 2009.

Last fall, the mountains behind my house burned in one of the largest forest fires in California history. Over 160,000 acres of beautiful mountainous forest gone.

The roads were closed for months and the forest still remains closed to recreational use.

Shortly after the roads opened, I took a ride up the Angeles Crest Highway (Hwy 2).

It was a total loss.



With such complete destruction, it was hard to imagine the forest could ever return.

But life returns in full force!

The Angeles National Forest 9 months later.














Forest fires open the forest floor to discovery.

I've come across old campsites, range balls, beer bottles, tires, even an old car.

And Sean found these great 3D glasses that I promptly stole from him.

I bet these are OLD! Okay, maybe 2009.

2 comments: