15 December 2009

2009 - CA - MAKE IT STOP!!!

I know...

Charlie knows...


This guy knows...


Everybody knows that changing a carburetor is just plain fun.

I started upgrading the xr400 a couple nights ago.

First off, I swapped the stock Honda PIA carb for a pumper carb made by mikuni. It came pre-jetted from xrsonly.com for 3500ft.

Changing the carb on these bikes is a rather involved process. It took approximately 8 beers.


It probably should have taken 20 minutes...

In the end. I installed the Mikuni, flipped the gas, kicked twice and the old beast fired right up. Whew!



Oh...and one more thing.


You might have noticed there are now 4 in the garage.
Sean OB picked up a nice 97 XR250 last night.

Who wants to join my biker club? We ride this Sunday...
Maybe I'll shoot some vids.

3 comments:

  1. ME TOOO! I may have XR envy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B Eliot Photo17/12/09

    Alright! You're in. We'll call ourselves the "Bangster Gitches."

    ReplyDelete