17 December 2009

2009 - CA - Sean's XR250R

Editors note: Clearly, dirt bikes are the theme of the month.

First things first.

Sean O'brien is a good guy. We call him SOB, but it's just not true.

Last week, Sean bought this 1997 XR250.

(no chain? It's a long story.)

The guy he bought it from hadn't done anything for something like 7 years. It's a honda...what is there to do?

So we tore it up last night and tried to see what kind of lemon Sean brought home.




We cleaned up some crust and looked things over.
The wheels didn't spin well because the drive train was caked solid with glue-like mud.

The crusty chain needed to go.



Of course, we put in a new Spark plug.


That took the two of us about 4 hours. Must be a record of some sort.

Overall, with some more tweaking, I think this 250 will be a great little ride.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you could do it in 8...
    I just spent the evening putting in a new starter on the apocalypse...wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once, I replaced the spark plug on my XR..I think I even chenged the oil once...but I can't remeber how long it took because that was years ago. I rode it last week and it works fine! If you count belching smoke as fine....I think the carb needs to be adjusted for the new altitude.

    p.s. the word verification I just entered was beerm. I think I'll have one soon. Beer MMM!

    ReplyDelete